Thursday, January 21, 2016

Where is my 40 acres ?

Today has been like a great awakening. An awakening of a part of me that I never knew existed. A part of me that is vulnerable to the rest of humanity. I felt as though I stepped outside of my comfort zone into the harsh reality of the real world.  Someone else's reality is not that distant from my own. I could easily be them…why am I not them? What is the power that has given me privilege over them?  These questions ponder in my mind. Haven't my ancestors worked just as hard as theirs for that 40 acres and a mule? What have I done to contribute to this injustice? How can I fix it? I don't know where to go from here. Where am I going? What am I doing? I don't know, I don't know.


Anthony Wilson, City Neighbors High School

No comments:

Post a Comment