Monday, January 18, 2016

Love and Acceptance

Yesterday we went to the new Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta. Since I am an Atheist church can be awkward. I think back to a Catholic service I went to that was very uncomfortable for me. I didn't know any prayers, what to do etc. So I went to this Church with mixed feelings. I have gone to a Baptist church before and I had a good time, but I was still anxious. After the service I was blown away. I loved everything about the church. Sure I had little criticism here and there about exactly what was said, but overall I loved it. The message being preached was slightly political and focused on love and acceptance. I liked this a lot as I could still relate despite being not religious. If I lived in Atlanta I would definitely go again. Not for the religious messages, but the sense of community and messages about life that the reverend focused on.


Isaiah Hug, The Park School of Baltimore

No comments:

Post a Comment