Monday, January 18, 2016

Church

Church was Refreshing: I say refreshing because I don't go often and when I do I never fully understand the experience or believe it in a way. I also feel forced into believing or your not welcomed and with this I understood what he was saying he wasn't just talking to his people he was talking to everyone that was attending I felt welcomed and I felt understood. The Pastor was very honest with himself and the stereotype He made the service relatable to times now and the reason we use church as an outlet. If I lived there that would be my church. I have a better understanding of church and how it's really runs or what's a real pastor. It's refreshing because my cursorily led to questions that was answered without blurred lines, it was clear and direct.

We stopped by a new Museum called The Civil and Human Rights Museum and it had offered important features, that I never seen before. Took it upon myself to take part in one of the features. Just a brief summary of the famous sit-in. Four young men under the age of 18 all walked down to a diner in Downtown Greensboro to be severed at the counter where the whitest sat. February 1,1960 is when it took place. Through this sit in it was very painful process because they were getting beat and threaten while sitting there. With that, that's exactly what I experienced with this sit in. You sat at the counter similar to where they sat out your hands on the handprint, put the headphones on and close your eyes. It begins with a very soothing voice saying "It's your first time huh...you'll be fine, just stay calm relax”. I began to hear a white man yell at me, telling me to get up, then he breaths super hard in my ear, he also beats me, kicks my chair. The women cheering them on saying kill them Negros, the white men throwing threats. I was shocked. I got really scared, I felt like I was there, I felt they were actual hitting me and talking to me. It was really so real I began open my eyes because I was really scared and fearful it felt so real. It was a minute and 45 seconds long it was hard to sit through it all of it, so I couldn't image dealing with that for hours.
  

Nia Jean-Baptiste, City Neighbors High School

No comments:

Post a Comment