Monday, January 18, 2016

Hate


I allowed myself to sit down and sleep on what I saw and experienced in Greensboro. What I saw was absolutely breathtaking, explicit raw emotions to my reaction. Anger first came to mind…pain and then confusion. There were some pretty painful pictures and videos that show the ugly truth. The definition of these pictures was HATE, INJUSTICE, and NO RIGHTS. Hate destroyed everything America had to offer. Hate was distributed through the ARTS. Whites would perform in plays with Black Face to betray what they think all Black People are like. Hate takes a lot of effort and theirs nothing I could say or do to explain that or explain why it was important for them to try that hard.

Along with Greensboro we headed to Atlanta and we stalked our way to Andrew Young who we met right after his speech at The Hyatt in Downtown Atlanta, and of course he shared an experience but what stood out to me was a word wisdom. Young said, "Do the best everyday and stop planning for the future because what you think your going to be you may not be or may not exist". Mr. Young’s wife also shared a word of wisdom "be indispensable do something no one has done”. There’s a lot you could say about Andrew Young and his experience but I wanted to know more than the obvious.


Nia Jean-Baptiste, City Neighbors High School 

No comments:

Post a Comment