Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Cold Hearted

While on this trip I questioned if I was cold hearted. This question first rose to me when I first handedly heard the story of Anthony Ray Hinton. Although I was very understanding of his situation, I felt no actual emotions. After some time to reflect to myself, I realized that I was not cold hearted but aware of the cruel we live in. This perspective was influenced through my law in contemporary society class, where I studied many cases off innocent people who were wrongfully convicted of a crime they did not commit. Although I was not emotional I was very appreciative of Mr. Hinton having the strength and courage to repeatedly tell his story to others who could potentially Judge him.


Chevell Burgess, Hope High School

No comments:

Post a Comment