Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Captial Punishment

After listening to Mr. Anthony speak, I was very inspired and struck by the things he said. One thing that particularly spoke out to me was that after he had been convicted and sentenced to prison for 30 years for a crime he didn't commit had such a positive attitude. The fact that so much of his life has been wasted and all he wanted was an apology spoke so many volumes. That morning I connected Mr. Anthony's story and capital punishment to my life. I realized that my parents who are both judges sentence people to jail every day and deal with the decision of either taking away a portion of someone's life or giving them a second chance. I realized who difficult it is emotionally to make a choice like that and it all put it in perspective for me.


Madison Russell, The Park School of Baltimore

No comments:

Post a Comment