Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Freedom Rides

Even though reading about the freedom rides was a little rushed, I learned a lot of things that morning. One being that the original freedom riders only had two white participants and that shocked me because I thought their were more during this time. But, I was happy two see that these two white people devoted their lives to this cause and also allowed themselves to be in the minority. I also walked away with this quote, "Nonviolence cannot be preached it had to be practiced" and this made me see that nonviolence for many was a rehearsed mindset rather than the a way that these people had believed was the way of life, which shows that these people are very much human and that being nonviolent was a practice way harder than it has been thought to be.


Chinika Derrick, The Park School of Baltimore

No comments:

Post a Comment