Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Evil Truth

Today when we went to the Cemetery in Selma and I saw the Confederate Flags. My emotions felt like it restrained me from trying to accept the truth that was before my eyes. In the cemetery there was a statue of one of the Grand Wizards from the KKK, and there were fresh flowers on his tombstone, so that tells me that people still support him to this day. This trip brings the reality of what really happened during the Civil Rights Movement. Watching things on a documentary is totally different then actually being in the exact place of where that event occurred. When the trip is over I am going to spread this knowledge that I received and tell my friends and family about it, they can choose whether to accept it or continue to be clueless about the actual truth of the Civil Rights movement.


Joshua Fields, City Neighbors High School

1 comment:

  1. The Evil Truth still is present today. Sometimes it is covered up. All your family may or may not accept the reality. Don't get mad either way, the world has a way of covering things up. You have gotten wiser because of this trip, that in itself is a freeing thing. I'm glad that trips like this exist for students as yourself. Reader of your Blog - Natalie

    ReplyDelete