Monday, January 18, 2016

Sunny Sunday

Today's church service was new but yet, not foreign. Even though I don't share religious views or beliefs, I still found the service captivating and acquainting. Rev. Warnock made us feel like family when told the church to greet us "the Ebenezer way." After church I was soon excited to see the house that Dr. King was born in. The Park Ranger told these stories as if she were really there. Being in the house and listening to the stories, I could almost see young Dr. King running through the house, and I could almost hear his grandmother yelling at him for being disobedient.  This experience was definitely one I will never forget. One day I hope to take my family on this civil rights trip, this experience and feeling I've acquired needs to be spread through my family and peers. 


Louis Dixon, City Neighbors High School

No comments:

Post a Comment